Difference: PTD_TrigMC_LogBook_2018 (1 vs. 52)

Revision 5207 Jan 2019 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 45 to 45
  Logbook pages are available for the following periods:
Added:
>
>
 

Revision 5114 Dec 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 6 to 6
 

Notes

Added:
>
>

Checking MRs to be applied to 21.0-TrigMC

To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL. In addition, also check regularly for MRs into other branches, but which have the label "alsoTargeting:21.0-TrigMC"; once these MRs are approved, they will then be automatically applied (typically the following night) to the 21.0-TrigMC branch.

Checking the nightlies

 Remember to check the nightly built after any MRs approved the day before. The Shift Guide points to three different locations with information on the nightlies:
  1. ART (ATLAS Release Testing) nightlies on Panda;
  2. The standard nightlies page (NICOS): see rel 21.0-TrigMC, under GIT group (not ATN group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
Line: 18 to 25
 
  1. Check the ATN test results on NICOS, "ATN group", comparing with the previous available nightlies;
  2. If the test results are worse (or significantly better) than previously, investigate further.
Changed:
<
<
To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL.
>
>

Mainstream releases nomenclature

  • 21.3: will be used for developments for Run 3, during LS2
  • 21.6: for Phase 1 Upgrade developments?
  • 21.9: for Phase 2 Upgrade developments

Miscellaneous

  This Shift Guide for Release Coordinators includes guidance on how to request a new release under the new Git-based system (see Section "How to tag and deploy a release after a successful build?")

Revision 5028 Nov 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 34 to 34
  Logbook pages are available for the following periods:
Added:
>
>
 

Revision 4931 Oct 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 34 to 34
  Logbook pages are available for the following periods:
Added:
>
>
 

Revision 4803 Oct 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 7 to 7
 

Notes

Remember to check the nightly built after any MRs approved the day before. The Shift Guide points to three different locations with information on the nightlies:

Changed:
<
<
  1. ART nightlies on Panda;
>
>
  1. ART (ATLAS Release Testing) nightlies on Panda;
 
  1. The standard nightlies page (NICOS): see rel 21.0-TrigMC, under GIT group (not ATN group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
  2. The new ART page (still under development) here.
Changed:
<
<
The information in the three sources above is on the same nightlies (21.0-TrigMC GIT group). There is also a separate set of "ATN" nightlies (available only through 2. above; not sure what these are for, we do not use them). Most of the time, I use 3 above; some of the time use 2 as well. Option 1. is more focused on the result of the builds rather than the tests themselves. Information is available for many past builds (many more than just the last 7 days, apparently).
>
>
The information in the three sources above is on the same nightlies (21.0-TrigMC GIT group). The 21.0-TrigMC GIT nightly build normally starts around 21.30 (CERN time). The repositories for these builds are kept on GIT and are automatically tagged by GIT as a release (eg nightly/21.0-TrigMC/2018-09-19T2139). Information on the build (but not on ATN test) can be found on the NICOS, under "GIT group". There is also a separate set of "ATN" nightlies (available only through 2. above: NICOS, under "ATN group"), where the "old"/standard ATN tests are run and reported on. Most of the time, I use 3 above; some of the time use 2 as well. Option 1. is more focused on the result of the builds rather than the tests themselves. Information is available for many past builds (many more than just the last 7 days, apparently).

At the moment (Oct 2018) the ART page (3 above) is not working well. Therefore stick to the following procedure for checking the nightly:

  1. Check if it built OK, on NICOS, "GIT group";
  2. Check the ATN test results on NICOS, "ATN group", comparing with the previous available nightlies;
  3. If the test results are worse (or significantly better) than previously, investigate further.
  To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL.

Revision 4702 Oct 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 11 to 11
 
  1. The standard nightlies page (NICOS): see rel 21.0-TrigMC, under GIT group (not ATN group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
  2. The new ART page (still under development) here.
Changed:
<
<
The information in the three sources above is on the same nightlies (21.0-TrigMC GIT group). There is also a separate set of "ATN" nightlies (available only through 2. above; not sure what these are for, we do not use them). Most of the time, I use 3 above; some of the time use 2 as well.
>
>
The information in the three sources above is on the same nightlies (21.0-TrigMC GIT group). There is also a separate set of "ATN" nightlies (available only through 2. above; not sure what these are for, we do not use them). Most of the time, I use 3 above; some of the time use 2 as well. Option 1. is more focused on the result of the builds rather than the tests themselves. Information is available for many past builds (many more than just the last 7 days, apparently).
  To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL.

Revision 4601 Oct 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 6 to 6
 

Notes

Changed:
<
<
Remember to check the nightly built after any MRs approved the day before:
  • Mostly OBSOLETE - the old nightlies page (NICOS): see rel 21, under ATN group (not GIT group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
  • Use new ART page here.
>
>
Remember to check the nightly built after any MRs approved the day before. The Shift Guide points to three different locations with information on the nightlies:
  1. ART nightlies on Panda;
  2. The standard nightlies page (NICOS): see rel 21.0-TrigMC, under GIT group (not ATN group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
  3. The new ART page (still under development) here.

The information in the three sources above is on the same nightlies (21.0-TrigMC GIT group). There is also a separate set of "ATN" nightlies (available only through 2. above; not sure what these are for, we do not use them). Most of the time, I use 3 above; some of the time use 2 as well.

  To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL.

Revision 4501 Oct 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 26 to 26
  Logbook pages are available for the following periods:
Added:
>
>
 

Revision 4421 Sep 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 6 to 6
 

Notes

Changed:
<
<
Remember to check the nightly built after any MRs approved the day before:
>
>
Remember to check the nightly built after any MRs approved the day before:
 
  • Mostly OBSOLETE - the old nightlies page (NICOS): see rel 21, under ATN group (not GIT group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
  • Use new ART page here.
Line: 16 to 16
  (Old Tag Collector system, see here: choose "Tag Collector 2".)
Added:
>
>
Once a new release has been made available, details on its Grid deployment can be found from https://atlas-install.roma1.infn.it/atlas_install and searching for the release number.
 When CC'ing Veronique on TrigMC emails use her CERN address (veronique.boisvert@cern.ch) rather than the RHUL address.

Revision 4320 Sep 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 8 to 8
  Remember to check the nightly built after any MRs approved the day before:
  • Mostly OBSOLETE - the old nightlies page (NICOS): see rel 21, under ATN group (not GIT group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
Changed:
<
<
  • Use new ART page here. (Some basic info I've put together on how to navigate these new pages is available here.)
>
>
  • Use new ART page here.
  To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL.
Line: 31 to 31
 

-- PedroTeixeiraDias - 10 Jul 2018

Deleted:
<
<
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="RHULnotes_TrigMC_relcoord_Git_2017_v5.pdf" attr="" comment="" date="1531256204" name="RHULnotes_TrigMC_relcoord_Git_2017_v5.pdf" path="RHULnotes_TrigMC_relcoord_Git_2017_v5.pdf" size="955800" user="ukap040" version="1"

Revision 4202 Sep 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 24 to 24
  Logbook pages are available for the following periods:
Added:
>
>
 

Revision 4102 Aug 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 24 to 24
  Logbook pages are available for the following periods:
Added:
>
>
 

Revision 4017 Jul 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 6 to 6
 

Notes

Deleted:
<
<
Use reverse chronological order.

For each shift date show the NEW MRs, and any related relevant comments/questions; note down when I (or some one else) merged/closed each request, and mark the MR as done/closed by ticking the box ([x]). If an MR takes longer than a day to merge, leave it listed under the original shift date, but add comments prefaced with the date of the comment/action. Only MRs that are still active should have the box unticked ([ ]).

Therefore each MR will only appear once in the log, under the date of the day when I first became aware of it.

 Remember to check the nightly built after any MRs approved the day before:
  • Mostly OBSOLETE - the old nightlies page (NICOS): see rel 21, under ATN group (not GIT group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
  • Use new ART page here. (Some basic info I've put together on how to navigate these new pages is available here.)

Revision 3917 Jul 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 18 to 18
  To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL.
Added:
>
>
This Shift Guide for Release Coordinators includes guidance on how to request a new release under the new Git-based system (see Section "How to tag and deploy a release after a successful build?")
 (Old Tag Collector system, see here: choose "Tag Collector 2".)

When CC'ing Veronique on TrigMC emails use her CERN address (veronique.boisvert@cern.ch) rather than the RHUL address.

Revision 3811 Jul 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 20 to 20
  (Old Tag Collector system, see here: choose "Tag Collector 2".)
Added:
>
>
When CC'ing Veronique on TrigMC emails use her CERN address (veronique.boisvert@cern.ch) rather than the RHUL address.
 

Logbook pages

Logbook pages are available for the following periods:

Revision 3711 Jul 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 13 to 13
 Therefore each MR will only appear once in the log, under the date of the day when I first became aware of it.

Remember to check the nightly built after any MRs approved the day before:

Changed:
<
<
  • OBSOLETE - the old nightlies page (NICOS): see rel 21, under ATN group (not GIT group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
>
>
  • Mostly OBSOLETE - the old nightlies page (NICOS): see rel 21, under ATN group (not GIT group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
 
  • Use new ART page here. (Some basic info I've put together on how to navigate these new pages is available here.)

To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL.

Revision 3610 Jul 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 12 to 12
  Therefore each MR will only appear once in the log, under the date of the day when I first became aware of it.
Changed:
<
<
Remember to check the nightly (NICOS), after any MRs approved the day before: rel 21, under ATN group (not GIT group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
>
>
Remember to check the nightly built after any MRs approved the day before:
  • OBSOLETE - the old nightlies page (NICOS): see rel 21, under ATN group (not GIT group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
  • Use new ART page here. (Some basic info I've put together on how to navigate these new pages is available here.)
  To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL.
Line: 26 to 28
 
Deleted:
<
<
-- PedroTeixeiraDias - 11 May 2018
 \ No newline at end of file
Added:
>
>
-- PedroTeixeiraDias - 10 Jul 2018

META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="RHULnotes_TrigMC_relcoord_Git_2017_v5.pdf" attr="" comment="" date="1531256204" name="RHULnotes_TrigMC_relcoord_Git_2017_v5.pdf" path="RHULnotes_TrigMC_relcoord_Git_2017_v5.pdf" size="955800" user="ukap040" version="1"

Revision 3510 Jul 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 16 to 16
  To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL.
Changed:
<
<
(Old Tag Collector system, see here.)
>
>
(Old Tag Collector system, see here: choose "Tag Collector 2".)
 

Logbook pages

Revision 3410 Jul 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 12 to 12
  Therefore each MR will only appear once in the log, under the date of the day when I first became aware of it.
Changed:
<
<
Remember to check the nightly (NICOS), after any MRs approved the day before.
>
>
Remember to check the nightly (NICOS), after any MRs approved the day before: rel 21, under ATN group (not GIT group); rel 20.7 nightlies are also available from this page.
  To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL.

Revision 3302 Jul 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 14 to 14
  Remember to check the nightly (NICOS), after any MRs approved the day before.
Added:
>
>
To see a list of the currently active TrigMC MRs in Gitlab, click on the 21.0-TrigMC label, or use this URL.
 (Old Tag Collector system, see here.)

Logbook pages

Revision 3228 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 16 to 16
  (Old Tag Collector system, see here.)
Changed:
<
<

nn/5/2018

>
>

Logbook pages

 
Changed:
<
<
[ ] NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
>
>
Logbook pages are available for the following periods:
 
Changed:
<
<

27/6/2018

[ ] 12357 Update trig mc to 21.1.31 and.21.0.73 (opened by Julie Hart Kirk)

11.35am CI pipeline has failed (about a min. ago). Wait for it to re-run.

28/6/2018 10.52am CI pipeline running.

25/6/2018

[x] 12336 Sweeping 12026 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. rm FullChainTests (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

10.47am Pipeline still running. Waiting for it to complete before merging.

2.00pm Pipeline failed.

26/6/2018 7.30am Pipeline still showing as failed.

26/6/2018 11.06am Pipeline is now re-running. (Someone triggered it in the usual way by entering the comment "Jenkins please retry a build".)

26/6/2018 2.09pm CI pipeline failed (again) about an hour ago.

26/6/2018 6.11pm CI pipeline running again. I have set it to merge automatically when pipeline succeeds.

27/6/2018 11.34am CI pipeline succeeded yesterday evening at 20.08, and was automatically merged then.

16/6/2018

[x] 12172 Sweeping 12027 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. remove memleak test (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

8.50pm Merged OK.

15/6/2018

[x] EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-11 (requested by Andrzej Olszewski)

12.45pm Andrzej Olszewski requests updating the TrigMC-20.7.9.8.8 cache with the EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-11 tag. The only changes wrt the previous tag are config files; Andrzej has validated the changes. He thinks it is therefore safe to proceed to a build immediately, which he is requesting.

1.08pm I have added the new tag to the cache and marked it as "accepted". Have also emailed atlas-sw-release-shifters@cern.ch requesting a build without waiting for the next nightly.

17/6/2018 1.30pm Installation and distribution happened yesterday. Have now notified all concerned that the new release is available.

9/6/2018

[x] 11925 Sweeping 11771 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. 21.0 clean licenceandcopyright [InDet] (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

8.33pm Merged OK.

4/6/2018

[x] EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-10 (requested by Andrzej Olszewski)

Andrzej Olszewski has asked for an update to TrigMC-20.7.9.8.7, namely to update to EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-10 urgently and request a build immediately.

This cache is still managed with the old Tag Collector system. The last activity on it seems to have been in November 2016, with a couple of tags added by Tulay Donszelmann. I have checked that even if the latest tag available is -00-06-39, the one currently in the cache is -00-06-32-09 (so the update probably does not involve a huge amount of change wrt the current version). I have checked the nightlies (still being built every night) and there is nothing unusual there.

9.20am The request came from Andrzej on Friday night, but I only saw it now. He seems to request that we progress to a build without going through the usual nightly test. I have emailed him to check that this is the case, before accepting the tag and requesting the build, as there is always a risk that the build has problems otherwise.

9.36am Andrzej has replied to my email: he is happy to wait for the nightly and have the build tomorrow, if the nightly is OK.

5/6/2018 10am Checked the nightly (seems OK) and mailed Andrzej to invite him to look at the results and confirm that he wants me to go ahead with making a release out of this nightly.

6/6/2018 10.53am Andrzej has just now replied to my message and confirmed that, having looked at the test results, he is happy to go ahead with the release.

6/6/2018 11.03am I have accepted the tag into the cache, and emailed atlas-sw-release-shifters@cern.ch requesting that they make a release out of the rel_2 cache (yesterday's nightly) and install it on the Grid.

6/6/2018 11.58: Oana Vickey Boeriu (release shifter) has confirmed tha the release has been built (see details in the usual place, here), and that installation on the Grid is in progress.

6/6/2018 3.00pm (Grid deployment started 1h30 ago) Emailed developers and atlas-trig-relcoord@cern.ch to let them know that the release is now available and deployed on the Grid.

23/5/2018

[x] 11567 Pseduo-merge of Trigger ART tests to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Tim Martin)

(What exactly is a pseudo-merge? Is this a sweep from 21.1 to TrigMC?)

12.24pm Request was opened less than an hour ago but it is showing "pipeline failed", therefore won't try to merge.

4.35pm In reply to my question as to "pseudo-merge", Tim says: "It's a made-up name for a merge which is actually committed as a cherry-pick so as to move code only from a small number of packages rather then the whole code base (as true merges do)." Therefore: also need to wait for pipeline to be successfully complete before attempting merge. (Pipeline has not yet restarted... presumably because there is no point in doing so until Tim figures out & fixes the cause of it having failed in the first place...)

5.37pm CI pipeline completed OK (even though I could not see that it was running...?) Merged OK.

18/5/2018

[x] 11457 Update trig mc to 21.1.29 and.21.0.71 (opened by Julie Kirk)

11.07am CI pipeline has been running for about 1h50m.

1.56pm Pipeline still running (4h40m so far).

3.40pm Pipeline finished OK, about one hour ago (so was around 5 hours total). Merged OK.

17/5/2018

[x] 11408 Sweeping 11383 from 21.1 to 21.0-TrigMC. ATR-18112: Configure FTKRefit for BS_idperf chain (opened by Atlas Nightly Build)

10.40am CI pipeline still running.

10.41am pipeline successfully completed (!) Merged OK.

16/5/2018

[x] 11357 add protection to FTK_DataProviderSvc to create VertexCollection even when vertexing not run (opened by John Baines)

9.23am Was merged by Tim, 10 mins ago.

15/5/2018

[x] 11138 Sweeping 11138 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. Hardware configuration improvements for FTKSim (opened by Atlas Nightly Build)

2.12pm Merged OK.

14/5/2018

[x] 11290 add j15_ftk to MC_pp_v7 (ATR-18086) (opened by Ligang Xia)

3.36pm Was only opened a few minutes ago but is already ready for merge...? No tests needed?

3.42pm There is only one commit, and it corresponds to a simple change to what appears to be a configuration file (MC_pp_v7.py; exact details/diff here). So that is probably why there is no need to re-build and re-test.

3.46pm Merged OK.

4.30pm Still "Merged", but noticed that the pipeline is now running...(?!). Not sure how this was available to Merge prior to the whole process being completed...?

15/5/2018 2.07pm CI pipeline concluded OK. Closing this logbook entry.


[x] 11287 Merge branch '21.1-FTKSIM-46' into '21.1' -- push to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by John Baines)

3.30pm CI pipeline running

15/5/2018 2.10pm CI pipeline concluded OK (yesterday). Merged OK by Tim yesterday.

11/5/2018

[x] 11180 Sweeping !11172 from 21.1 to 21.0-TrigMC. protect against seg. fault in VertexCollectionSortingTool if called with just one Vertex (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild, original author John Baines)

Merged OK, 11.21am

10/5/2018

[x] 11169 Cherry-pick of !11007 to 21.0 TrigMC (opened by John Baines)

CI pipeline still running, 3.30pm.

Merged OK, 6.33pm


[x] 11144 Cherry pick 10575 10964 into 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Claire Antel)

Merged OK, 2.14pm


[x] 11127 cherry-pick into 21.0-TrigMC of !10414 Backward compatible change to read FTK track parameters that are encoded in FP16 (half-float) format (opened by John Baines)

Merged OK, 2.10pm


[x] 11083 Update 21.0-TrigMC to release/21.0.69 (opened by Tim Martin)

Now ready to Merge, but when I try to merge it, it fails (i.e. goes back to green button "Merge") with the following message:

GitLab: File "DataQuality/DataQualityConfigurations/config/HLT/HLTidtrk/collisions_run.config" is larger than the allowed size of 2 MB.

I've alerted Tim to this, who has in turn asked colleagues with the required access level to circumvent the issue and accept the MR.

11/5/2018: now showing "There are merge conflicts", MR button greyed out.

11/5/2018: Edward Moyse accepted MR, 12.43pm.


>
>
  -- PedroTeixeiraDias - 11 May 2018 \ No newline at end of file

Revision 3128 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 26 to 26
  11.35am CI pipeline has failed (about a min. ago). Wait for it to re-run.
Added:
>
>
28/6/2018 10.52am CI pipeline running.
 

25/6/2018

[x] 12336 Sweeping 12026 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. rm FullChainTests (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

Revision 3027 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 20 to 20
  [ ] NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
Added:
>
>

27/6/2018

[ ] 12357 Update trig mc to 21.1.31 and.21.0.73 (opened by Julie Hart Kirk)

11.35am CI pipeline has failed (about a min. ago). Wait for it to re-run.

 

25/6/2018

Changed:
<
<
[ ] 12336 Sweeping 12026 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. rm FullChainTests (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)
>
>
[x] 12336 Sweeping 12026 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. rm FullChainTests (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)
  10.47am Pipeline still running. Waiting for it to complete before merging.
Line: 36 to 42
  26/6/2018 6.11pm CI pipeline running again. I have set it to merge automatically when pipeline succeeds.
Added:
>
>
27/6/2018 11.34am CI pipeline succeeded yesterday evening at 20.08, and was automatically merged then.
 

16/6/2018

[x] 12172 Sweeping 12027 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. remove memleak test (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

Revision 2926 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 34 to 34
  26/6/2018 2.09pm CI pipeline failed (again) about an hour ago.
Added:
>
>
26/6/2018 6.11pm CI pipeline running again. I have set it to merge automatically when pipeline succeeds.
 

16/6/2018

[x] 12172 Sweeping 12027 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. remove memleak test (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

Revision 2826 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 32 to 32
  26/6/2018 11.06am Pipeline is now re-running. (Someone triggered it in the usual way by entering the comment "Jenkins please retry a build".)
Added:
>
>
26/6/2018 2.09pm CI pipeline failed (again) about an hour ago.
 

16/6/2018

[x] 12172 Sweeping 12027 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. remove memleak test (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

Revision 2726 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 30 to 30
  26/6/2018 7.30am Pipeline still showing as failed.
Added:
>
>
26/6/2018 11.06am Pipeline is now re-running. (Someone triggered it in the usual way by entering the comment "Jenkins please retry a build".)
 

16/6/2018

[x] 12172 Sweeping 12027 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. remove memleak test (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

Revision 2626 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 28 to 28
  2.00pm Pipeline failed.
Added:
>
>
26/6/2018 7.30am Pipeline still showing as failed.
 

16/6/2018

[x] 12172 Sweeping 12027 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. remove memleak test (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

Revision 2525 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 26 to 26
  10.47am Pipeline still running. Waiting for it to complete before merging.
Added:
>
>
2.00pm Pipeline failed.
 

16/6/2018

[x] 12172 Sweeping 12027 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. remove memleak test (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

Revision 2425 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 20 to 20
  [ ] NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
Added:
>
>

25/6/2018

[ ] 12336 Sweeping 12026 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. rm FullChainTests (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

10.47am Pipeline still running. Waiting for it to complete before merging.

 

16/6/2018

[x] 12172 Sweeping 12027 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. remove memleak test (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

Revision 2317 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 20 to 20
  [ ] NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
Changed:
<
<

15/6/2018

>
>

16/6/2018

 
Changed:
<
<
[ ] EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-11 (requested by Andrzej Olszewski)
>
>
[x] 12172 Sweeping 12027 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. remove memleak test (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

8.50pm Merged OK.

15/6/2018

[x] EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-11 (requested by Andrzej Olszewski)

  12.45pm Andrzej Olszewski requests updating the TrigMC-20.7.9.8.8 cache with the EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-11 tag. The only changes wrt the previous tag are config files; Andrzej has validated the changes. He thinks it is therefore safe to proceed to a build immediately, which he is requesting.

1.08pm I have added the new tag to the cache and marked it as "accepted". Have also emailed atlas-sw-release-shifters@cern.ch requesting a build without waiting for the next nightly.

Added:
>
>
17/6/2018 1.30pm Installation and distribution happened yesterday. Have now notified all concerned that the new release is available.
 

9/6/2018

[x] 11925 Sweeping 11771 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. 21.0 clean licenceandcopyright [InDet] (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

Revision 2215 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 20 to 20
  [ ] NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
Added:
>
>

15/6/2018

[ ] EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-11 (requested by Andrzej Olszewski)

12.45pm Andrzej Olszewski requests updating the TrigMC-20.7.9.8.8 cache with the EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-11 tag. The only changes wrt the previous tag are config files; Andrzej has validated the changes. He thinks it is therefore safe to proceed to a build immediately, which he is requesting.

1.08pm I have added the new tag to the cache and marked it as "accepted". Have also emailed atlas-sw-release-shifters@cern.ch requesting a build without waiting for the next nightly.

 

9/6/2018

[x] 11925 Sweeping 11771 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. 21.0 clean licenceandcopyright [InDet] (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

Revision 2109 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 20 to 20
  [ ] NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
Added:
>
>

9/6/2018

[x] 11925 Sweeping 11771 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. 21.0 clean licenceandcopyright [InDet] (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild)

8.33pm Merged OK.

 

4/6/2018

[x] EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-10 (requested by Andrzej Olszewski)

Revision 2006 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 22 to 22
 

4/6/2018

Changed:
<
<
[ ] EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-10 (requested by Andrzej Olszewski)
>
>
[x] EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-10 (requested by Andrzej Olszewski)
  Andrzej Olszewski has asked for an update to TrigMC-20.7.9.8.7, namely to update to EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-10 urgently and request a build immediately.
Line: 40 to 40
  6/6/2018 11.58: Oana Vickey Boeriu (release shifter) has confirmed tha the release has been built (see details in the usual place, here), and that installation on the Grid is in progress.

Added:
>
>
6/6/2018 3.00pm (Grid deployment started 1h30 ago) Emailed developers and atlas-trig-relcoord@cern.ch to let them know that the release is now available and deployed on the Grid.

 

23/5/2018

[x] 11567 Pseduo-merge of Trigger ART tests to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Tim Martin)

Revision 1906 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 38 to 38
  6/6/2018 11.03am I have accepted the tag into the cache, and emailed atlas-sw-release-shifters@cern.ch requesting that they make a release out of the rel_2 cache (yesterday's nightly) and install it on the Grid.

Added:
>
>
6/6/2018 11.58: Oana Vickey Boeriu (release shifter) has confirmed tha the release has been built (see details in the usual place, here), and that installation on the Grid is in progress.

 

23/5/2018

[x] 11567 Pseduo-merge of Trigger ART tests to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Tim Martin)

Revision 1806 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

Line: 34 to 34
  5/6/2018 10am Checked the nightly (seems OK) and mailed Andrzej to invite him to look at the results and confirm that he wants me to go ahead with making a release out of this nightly.
Added:
>
>
6/6/2018 10.53am Andrzej has just now replied to my message and confirmed that, having looked at the test results, he is happy to go ahead with the release.

6/6/2018 11.03am I have accepted the tag into the cache, and emailed atlas-sw-release-shifters@cern.ch requesting that they make a release out of the rel_2 cache (yesterday's nightly) and install it on the Grid.

 

23/5/2018

Revision 1705 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"
Changed:
<
<

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - May 2018

>
>

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - from May 2018

 
Line: 32 to 32
  9.36am Andrzej has replied to my email: he is happy to wait for the nightly and have the build tomorrow, if the nightly is OK.

Added:
>
>
5/6/2018 10am Checked the nightly (seems OK) and mailed Andrzej to invite him to look at the results and confirm that he wants me to go ahead with making a release out of this nightly.

 

23/5/2018

[x] 11567 Pseduo-merge of Trigger ART tests to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Tim Martin)

Revision 1604 Jun 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - May 2018

Line: 12 to 12
  Therefore each MR will only appear once in the log, under the date of the day when I first became aware of it.
Changed:
<
<
Remember to check the NIGHTLY NICOS, after any MRs approved the day before.
>
>
Remember to check the nightly (NICOS), after any MRs approved the day before.

(Old Tag Collector system, see here.)

 

nn/5/2018

[ ] NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)

Added:
>
>

4/6/2018

[ ] EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-10 (requested by Andrzej Olszewski)

Andrzej Olszewski has asked for an update to TrigMC-20.7.9.8.7, namely to update to EventOverlayJobTransforms-00-06-32-10 urgently and request a build immediately.

This cache is still managed with the old Tag Collector system. The last activity on it seems to have been in November 2016, with a couple of tags added by Tulay Donszelmann. I have checked that even if the latest tag available is -00-06-39, the one currently in the cache is -00-06-32-09 (so the update probably does not involve a huge amount of change wrt the current version). I have checked the nightlies (still being built every night) and there is nothing unusual there.

9.20am The request came from Andrzej on Friday night, but I only saw it now. He seems to request that we progress to a build without going through the usual nightly test. I have emailed him to check that this is the case, before accepting the tag and requesting the build, as there is always a risk that the build has problems otherwise.

9.36am Andrzej has replied to my email: he is happy to wait for the nightly and have the build tomorrow, if the nightly is OK.

 

23/5/2018

[x] 11567 Pseduo-merge of Trigger ART tests to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Tim Martin)

Revision 1523 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - May 2018

Line: 20 to 20
 

23/5/2018

Changed:
<
<
[ ] 11567 Pseduo-merge of Trigger ART tests to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Tim Martin)
>
>
[x] 11567 Pseduo-merge of Trigger ART tests to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Tim Martin)
  (What exactly is a pseudo-merge? Is this a sweep from 21.1 to TrigMC?)

12.24pm Request was opened less than an hour ago but it is showing "pipeline failed", therefore won't try to merge.

Added:
>
>
4.35pm In reply to my question as to "pseudo-merge", Tim says: "It's a made-up name for a merge which is actually committed as a cherry-pick so as to move code only from a small number of packages rather then the whole code base (as true merges do)." Therefore: also need to wait for pipeline to be successfully complete before attempting merge. (Pipeline has not yet restarted... presumably because there is no point in doing so until Tim figures out & fixes the cause of it having failed in the first place...)

5.37pm CI pipeline completed OK (even though I could not see that it was running...?) Merged OK.

 

18/5/2018

[x] 11457 Update trig mc to 21.1.29 and.21.0.71 (opened by Julie Kirk)

Revision 1423 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - May 2018

Line: 18 to 18
  [ ] NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
Added:
>
>

23/5/2018

[ ] 11567 Pseduo-merge of Trigger ART tests to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Tim Martin)

(What exactly is a pseudo-merge? Is this a sweep from 21.1 to TrigMC?)

12.24pm Request was opened less than an hour ago but it is showing "pipeline failed", therefore won't try to merge.

 

18/5/2018

[x] 11457 Update trig mc to 21.1.29 and.21.0.71 (opened by Julie Kirk)

Revision 1318 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - May 2018

Line: 20 to 20
 

18/5/2018

Changed:
<
<
[ ] 11457 Update trig mc to 21.1.29 and.21.0.71 (opened by Julie Kirk)
>
>
[x] 11457 Update trig mc to 21.1.29 and.21.0.71 (opened by Julie Kirk)
  11.07am CI pipeline has been running for about 1h50m.

Revision 1218 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - May 2018

Line: 26 to 26
  1.56pm Pipeline still running (4h40m so far).
Added:
>
>
3.40pm Pipeline finished OK, about one hour ago (so was around 5 hours total). Merged OK.
 

17/5/2018

[x] 11408 Sweeping 11383 from 21.1 to 21.0-TrigMC. ATR-18112: Configure FTKRefit for BS_idperf chain (opened by Atlas Nightly Build)

Revision 1118 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - May 2018

Line: 20 to 20
 

18/5/2018

Changed:
<
<
[ ] 11457 Update trig mc to 21.1.28 and.21.0.71 (opened by Julie Kirk)
>
>
[ ] 11457 Update trig mc to 21.1.29 and.21.0.71 (opened by Julie Kirk)
  11.07am CI pipeline has been running for about 1h50m.
Added:
>
>
1.56pm Pipeline still running (4h40m so far).
 

17/5/2018

[x] 11408 Sweeping 11383 from 21.1 to 21.0-TrigMC. ATR-18112: Configure FTKRefit for BS_idperf chain (opened by Atlas Nightly Build)

Revision 1018 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - May 2018

Line: 18 to 18
  [ ] NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
Added:
>
>

18/5/2018

[ ] 11457 Update trig mc to 21.1.28 and.21.0.71 (opened by Julie Kirk)

11.07am CI pipeline has been running for about 1h50m.

 

17/5/2018

[x] 11408 Sweeping 11383 from 21.1 to 21.0-TrigMC. ATR-18112: Configure FTKRefit for BS_idperf chain (opened by Atlas Nightly Build)

Revision 917 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"
Added:
>
>

TrigMC software release coordination: PTD's logbook - May 2018

 

Notes

Revision 817 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"
Line: 16 to 16
  [ ] NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
Added:
>
>

17/5/2018

[x] 11408 Sweeping 11383 from 21.1 to 21.0-TrigMC. ATR-18112: Configure FTKRefit for BS_idperf chain (opened by Atlas Nightly Build)

10.40am CI pipeline still running.

10.41am pipeline successfully completed (!) Merged OK.

 

16/5/2018

[x] 11357 add protection to FTK_DataProviderSvc to create VertexCollection even when vertexing not run (opened by John Baines)

Revision 716 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"
Line: 14 to 14
 

nn/5/2018

Changed:
<
<
[ ] !NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
>
>
[ ] NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
 

16/5/2018

Changed:
<
<
[x] !11357 add protection to FTK_DataProviderSvc to create VertexCollection even when vertexing not run (opened by John Baines)
>
>
[x] 11357 add protection to FTK_DataProviderSvc to create VertexCollection even when vertexing not run (opened by John Baines)
  9.23am Was merged by Tim, 10 mins ago.

15/5/2018

Changed:
<
<
[x] !11138 Sweeping 11138 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. Hardware configuration improvements for FTKSim (opened by Atlas Nightly Build)
>
>
[x] 11138 Sweeping 11138 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. Hardware configuration improvements for FTKSim (opened by Atlas Nightly Build)
  2.12pm Merged OK.

Revision 616 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"
Line: 16 to 16
  [ ] !NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
Added:
>
>

16/5/2018

[x] !11357 add protection to FTK_DataProviderSvc to create VertexCollection even when vertexing not run (opened by John Baines)

9.23am Was merged by Tim, 10 mins ago.

 

15/5/2018

[x] !11138 Sweeping 11138 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. Hardware configuration improvements for FTKSim (opened by Atlas Nightly Build)

Revision 515 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"
Line: 16 to 16
  [ ] !NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
Added:
>
>

15/5/2018

[x] !11138 Sweeping 11138 from 21.0 to 21.0-TrigMC. Hardware configuration improvements for FTKSim (opened by Atlas Nightly Build)

2.12pm Merged OK.

 

14/5/2018

Changed:
<
<
[ ] 11290 add j15_ftk to MC_pp_v7 (ATR-18086) (opened by Ligang Xia)
>
>
[x] 11290 add j15_ftk to MC_pp_v7 (ATR-18086) (opened by Ligang Xia)
  3.36pm Was only opened a few minutes ago but is already ready for merge...? No tests needed?
Line: 28 to 34
  4.30pm Still "Merged", but noticed that the pipeline is now running...(?!). Not sure how this was available to Merge prior to the whole process being completed...?
Added:
>
>
15/5/2018 2.07pm CI pipeline concluded OK. Closing this logbook entry.
 
Changed:
<
<
[ ] 11287 Merge branch '21.1-FTKSIM-46' into '21.1' -- push to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by John Baines)
>
>
[x] 11287 Merge branch '21.1-FTKSIM-46' into '21.1' -- push to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by John Baines)
  3.30pm CI pipeline running
Added:
>
>
15/5/2018 2.10pm CI pipeline concluded OK (yesterday). Merged OK by Tim yesterday.
 

11/5/2018

[x] 11180 Sweeping !11172 from 21.1 to 21.0-TrigMC. protect against seg. fault in VertexCollectionSortingTool if called with just one Vertex (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild, original author John Baines)

Revision 414 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"
Line: 18 to 18
 

14/5/2018

Changed:
<
<
[x] 11290 add j15_ftk to MC_pp_v7 (ATR-18086) (opened by Ligang Xia)
>
>
[ ] 11290 add j15_ftk to MC_pp_v7 (ATR-18086) (opened by Ligang Xia)
  3.36pm Was only opened a few minutes ago but is already ready for merge...? No tests needed?
Line: 26 to 26
  3.46pm Merged OK.
Added:
>
>
4.30pm Still "Merged", but noticed that the pipeline is now running...(?!). Not sure how this was available to Merge prior to the whole process being completed...?
 

[ ] 11287 Merge branch '21.1-FTKSIM-46' into '21.1' -- push to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by John Baines)

Revision 314 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"
Line: 6 to 6
  Use reverse chronological order.
Changed:
<
<
For each shift date show the NEW MRs, and any related relevant comments/questions; note down when I (or some one else) merged/closed each request, and mark the MR as done/closed by ticking the box ([x]). If an MR takes longer than a day to merge, leave it listed under the original shift date, but add comments prefaced with the date of the comment/action.
>
>
For each shift date show the NEW MRs, and any related relevant comments/questions; note down when I (or some one else) merged/closed each request, and mark the MR as done/closed by ticking the box ([x]). If an MR takes longer than a day to merge, leave it listed under the original shift date, but add comments prefaced with the date of the comment/action. Only MRs that are still active should have the box unticked ([ ]).
  Therefore each MR will only appear once in the log, under the date of the day when I first became aware of it.

Remember to check the NIGHTLY NICOS, after any MRs approved the day before.

Added:
>
>

nn/5/2018

 [ ] !NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)
Changed:
<
<

nn/5/2018

>
>

14/5/2018

[x] 11290 add j15_ftk to MC_pp_v7 (ATR-18086) (opened by Ligang Xia)

3.36pm Was only opened a few minutes ago but is already ready for merge...? No tests needed?

3.42pm There is only one commit, and it corresponds to a simple change to what appears to be a configuration file (MC_pp_v7.py; exact details/diff here). So that is probably why there is no need to re-build and re-test.

3.46pm Merged OK.


[ ] 11287 Merge branch '21.1-FTKSIM-46' into '21.1' -- push to 21.0-TrigMC (opened by John Baines)

3.30pm CI pipeline running

 

11/5/2018

Changed:
<
<
[x] !11180 Sweeping !11172 from 21.1 to 21.0-TrigMC. protect against seg. fault in VertexCollectionSortingTool if called with just one Vertex (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild, original author John Baines)
>
>
[x] 11180 Sweeping !11172 from 21.1 to 21.0-TrigMC. protect against seg. fault in VertexCollectionSortingTool if called with just one Vertex (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild, original author John Baines)
  Merged OK, 11.21am

10/5/2018

Changed:
<
<
[x] !11169 Cherry-pick of !11007 to 21.0 TrigMC (opened by John Baines)
>
>
[x] 11169 Cherry-pick of !11007 to 21.0 TrigMC (opened by John Baines)
  CI pipeline still running, 3.30pm.
Line: 32 to 48
 
Changed:
<
<
[x] !11144 Cherry pick 10575 10964 into 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Claire Antel)
>
>
[x] 11144 Cherry pick 10575 10964 into 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Claire Antel)
  Merged OK, 2.14pm


Changed:
<
<
[x] !11127 cherry-pick into 21.0-TrigMC of !10414 Backward compatible change to read FTK track parameters that are encoded in FP16 (half-float) format (opened by John Baines)
>
>
[x] 11127 cherry-pick into 21.0-TrigMC of !10414 Backward compatible change to read FTK track parameters that are encoded in FP16 (half-float) format (opened by John Baines)
  Merged OK, 2.10pm


Changed:
<
<
[x] !11083 Update 21.0-TrigMC to release/21.0.69 (opened by Tim Martin)
>
>
[x] 11083 Update 21.0-TrigMC to release/21.0.69 (opened by Tim Martin)
  Now ready to Merge, but when I try to merge it, it fails (i.e. goes back to green button "Merge") with the following message:

Revision 214 May 2018 - PedroTeixeiraDias

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="PedroTeixeiraDias"
Changed:
<
<

11/5/2018

>
>

Notes

 
Changed:
<
<

10/5/2018

>
>
Use reverse chronological order.
 
Changed:
<
<

11083 Bla text text

>
>
For each shift date show the NEW MRs, and any related relevant comments/questions; note down when I (or some one else) merged/closed each request, and mark the MR as done/closed by ticking the box ([x]). If an MR takes longer than a day to merge, leave it listed under the original shift date, but add comments prefaced with the date of the comment/action.

Therefore each MR will only appear once in the log, under the date of the day when I first became aware of it.

Remember to check the NIGHTLY NICOS, after any MRs approved the day before.

[ ] !NNNNN Title (opened by XYZ)

nn/5/2018

11/5/2018

[x] !11180 Sweeping !11172 from 21.1 to 21.0-TrigMC. protect against seg. fault in VertexCollectionSortingTool if called with just one Vertex (opened by Atlas Nightlybuild, original author John Baines)

Merged OK, 11.21am

10/5/2018

[x] !11169 Cherry-pick of !11007 to 21.0 TrigMC (opened by John Baines)

CI pipeline still running, 3.30pm.

Merged OK, 6.33pm


[x] !11144 Cherry pick 10575 10964 into 21.0-TrigMC (opened by Claire Antel)

Merged OK, 2.14pm


[x] !11127 cherry-pick into 21.0-TrigMC of !10414 Backward compatible change to read FTK track parameters that are encoded in FP16 (half-float) format (opened by John Baines)

Merged OK, 2.10pm


[x] !11083 Update 21.0-TrigMC to release/21.0.69 (opened by Tim Martin)

Now ready to Merge, but when I try to merge it, it fails (i.e. goes back to green button "Merge") with the following message:

GitLab: File "DataQuality/DataQualityConfigurations/config/HLT/HLTidtrk/collisions_run.config" is larger than the allowed size of 2 MB.

I've alerted Tim to this, who has in turn asked colleagues with the required access level to circumvent the issue and accept the MR.

11/5/2018: now showing "There are merge conflicts", MR button greyed out.

11/5/2018: Edward Moyse accepted MR, 12.43pm.


  -- PedroTeixeiraDias - 11 May 2018
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2021 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding RHUL Physics Department TWiki? Send feedback